Skiff Hire Terms & Conditions
Row England Limited trades under the name of Row England, and your contract is with Row England Limited ”Row England”. These terms relate specifically to the hire of self drive vessels, notably rowing Skiffs, on request.
1. Row England will not be liable for any loss or damage caused to the boat or injury or death caused to the hirer or other participants (your crew/ fellow hirers) except where it results from an intentional or negligent act or omission by Row England or its staff.
2. When signing our Hire Agreement you agree that, as you are the skipper, you accept responsibility for the safety of the boat and all on board and will comply with all Thames navigation rules, regulations and byelaws.
Weather and River Conditions
3. If in Row England’s opinion, weather and river conditions, safety or any other consideration renders the hire imprudent, the booking will be cancelled. This decision is final. If the booking is cancelled under these conditions you will receive a full refund.
4. Row England is entitled to change vessels without notice (if a particular skiff becomes unusable for example) If this occurs you will be charged the rate for the new vessel if it less than the original, and no more than price of the original booking. Otherwise this in no way affects the validity of the booking and the Terms and Conditions stated herein remain good.
5. Row England is insured for vessel hire. However peoples’ needs vary. Row England advises hirers to obtain their own insurance for accidents onboard, or any other reason the hirer considers prudent for his personal life style or well being. The hirer agrees that Row England insurance policies are adequate and the policy is available, on request, for inspection.
6. No liability is accepted for any hirer while on Row England grounds, in any of Row England properties, on ladders, pontoons or vessels and all hirers participate in any aspect of the trip at their own risk.
Breakages or Damages
7. Any breakages or damage must immediately be notified to a member of Row England staff for safety. A hirer shall be liable for any loss or damage to Row England or vessel’s equipment, up to and including the first £200 of any claim.
8. Row England Limited operates a zero tolerance policy towards littering. Should litter (or any other pollutant) be deliberately or carelessly discarded by a hirer either in to the river or the surrounding area the hirer’s deposit will be forfeited.
Termination and Repossession
9. Should it come to Row England’s attention that a hirer is likely to commit a serious breach of any of these conditions or place the vessel or it’s passengers in any jeopardy, Row England may forthwith terminate the agreement and take whatever steps necessary to remove the hirer from the vessel.
Such termination and the taking of the possession shall be without prejudice to any rights and remedies, which may have accrued to Row England prior to the date of or by reason of such breach. Row England Limited shall, in these circumstances have no liability for the unexpired part of the hire.
10. In the event of a dispute not being settled by mutual agreement, it is agreed that the President of the Law Society shall elect an Arbitrator whose decision shall be final. It is further agreed all agreements shall be governed by England and Wales Law, even when the dispute occurs outside England and Wales territorial waters.
11. Buoyancy Aids are available on request. Should you or any of your party wish to wear a buoyancy aid please ask a member of staff to provide one. By accepting these terms you confirm that buoyancy aids ave been made available to you.
12. You must comply with any navigation instructions given to you by the navigation authority. You must not navigate the vessel below Teddington Lock or on any waterway other than the River Thames without explicit permission of Row England Limited.
13. You may cancel your skiff hire booking up to 24 hours before the first day of hire and receive a full refund of your deposit. Cancellation within 24 hours before the first day of booking will result in a £50 penalty. In the event that Row England Limited cancels you will receive a full refund of your deposit.